To be honest, you can’t really go wrong with a Chinese BBQ flavoured anything🤷♀️, but pork belly just seals the deal for me when it comes to these BBQ flavours inspired by Chinese Street Food😍.
There is a very popular Cantonese BBQ Pork Belly known as Char Siu, this isn’t to be confused with that as this recipe doesn’t contain red fermented bean curd or honey which Char Siu famously/traditionally contains. However this Pork dish tastes equally amazing if I do say so myself😃
- 4 Long Strips of Pork Belly, halved (so 8 pieces)
- 1tbsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 2tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1tbsp Chopped Red Chilli
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1tsp Fresh Ginger, Crushed
- 1tsbp Black Pepper
- 1tsbp Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- 1 Spring Onion, sliced (for garnish)
- Wash and halve the pork belly
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together to make a marinade and place the pork belly into the marinade. Allow it to marinate overnight for best results.
- Place the pork belly onto a grill, rind side up, and grill on medium high heat until the pork belly is sizzling hot and a dark caramelised colour.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and spring onions to serve.
I served this Chinese BBQ Pork Belly with my Steamed Pak Choy with Soy Lime Dressing and Brown Jasmine Rice.
If you enjoyed this blog and recipe, please subscribe to my blog by clicking the follow button, you don’t even need an account, simply enter your email and you can receive an email notification when I post more delicious recipes like this one!😋 Also feel free to check us out on Instagram to see more posts @_thespicecabinet