Try this Egg Fried Rice with my Chicken in Oyster Sauce recipe. You will absolutely love it! You can thank me later or leave a comment in the comments section 😉 Hehe
So this is a very quick and simple recipe, so easy to make but it tastes so good and you’ll probably never have to order Egg Fried Rice from a takeaway again.
- 2 Cups White Basmati Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- 1tsp Garlic
- 1tsp Ginger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup frozen petit pois peas
- 2 1/2tbsp sesame oil
- 2tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 2 1/2tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 1/2tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1tsp White Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions, Sliced finely
- Sunflower Oil
- Wash the rice and add to a sauce pan with the water and some salt. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to very low, place the lid on and allow to steam for 12 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Once the rice has cooked, leave the lid off and place the saucepan in a cool place so the steam can escape and the rice can “breathe”. This will prevent the rice becoming gloopy. Use a fork to fluff the rice, this step will be very helpful for when you transfer the rice to the wok. Ensure the rice is cooled down before starting on the Fried Rice.
- Steam the peas in the microwave. You can do this by placing the frozen peas into a microwave safe container, adding a small amount of water and placing the lid on and heating it in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- In a wok, heat some oil and add the garlic and ginger. Add in the beaten eggs and scramble. Break up the eggs into smaller pieces.
- Add in the rice immediately and toss the egg into the rice.
- Now season the rice with salt, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice and white pepper. Stir continuously.
- Lastly add in the peas and spring onions and toss together.
I recommend using this Non-Stick Salter Wok in the link below to make this recipe or my other Asian inspired dishes. You can make healthy stir fries which require only a little oil as it’s non stick. Because of the size, you’ll also be able to make larger quantities for family and friends. Follow the link below to be taken straight to Amazon where you can complete your purchase