Everybody loves a good burger! Whether it’s a beef burger, ham burger, lamb burger or a meatless burger, there’s a burger for everybody to enjoy! 😛
Today, I bring to you my delicious homemade Lamb burger that has been seasoned to perfection with herbs and seasonings. No egg or breadcrumbs are needed to bind the mixture together, just pure love 🙂
Tips: To prevent the patties from shrinking, I recommend using a leaner lamb mince meat but not too lean as you do want your burger to remain juicy. The higher the fat content, the more the burger patties will shrink. This is because the fat will begin to seep out during cooking. But if you go too lean, the burgers will be dry. Another tip to keep the burgers from balling up or shrinking is to create a dip in the centre of the patties, using your thumb to gently make the pit.
Tip 2: Only add the salt after you have formed the patties by sprinkling the salt over the top. This is because if you add the salt to the mince mixture, the salt will draw the water out leaving you with a dry burger.
The recipe below is enough to make 6-8 burgers depending on the size of the patties. I was able to make 7 patties, making the patties about 4 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 1kg Lamb Mince
- Fresh Coriander
- Fresh Mint
- 3 Shallots
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1tsp Red Chilli, Chopped Finely
- Black Pepper
- 1/2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Sugar
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- Brioche Bun
- Cheese (I used Leerdammer Original Dutch Cheese)
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- Pickled Gherkins Slices
- Rocket Leaves
- Mint Mayonnaise
- Burger Sauce
- Pre heat the grill at medium high heat
- In a blender, blend together the shallots, red onion, coriander, mint, chilli, garlic cloves, garlic powder, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and sugar. Add a little water to the blender to ease the blending.
- Add the blended mixture to the lamb mince and mix it in well.
- Shape the patties, rolling the mince in the palms of your hands and then patting them down to flatten them. Remember to make the pit in the centre to prevent them from balling up.
- Sprinkle salt over the patties and place under the grill for 10 minutes.
Serve with my home cooked skin on chips
If you enjoyed this blog and recipe, please subscribe to my blog by clicking the follow button, you don’t even need an account, simply enter your email and you can receive an email notification when I post more delicious recipes like this one!😋 Also feel free to check us out on Instagram to see more posts @_thespicecabinet
#lambburgers #homemadeburgers #lamb #chips #lovefood