When you’re craving a cheeky Nando’s Salad, can’t be bothered to go anywhere, want to catch up with your favourite Netflix series and aren’t looking to spend money on a takeaway either…. well there can only be one solution, make your own Nando’s Salad at home!
If you love the Quinoa Salad with Mango & Lime Chicken from the Nando’s menu, then look no further! I’ve even used Nando’s very own bottled Peri Peri Mango & Lime Sauce to get it as close as possible to the real deal.
Ingredients for the Chicken:
- Chicken Breast or Skinless Boneless Chicken Thigh
- x1 Peri Peri Mango & Lime Coat ‘n’ Cook Sachet
- Peri Peri Mango & Lime Marinade only for basting the chicken
- Fresh garlic, crushed
- Chilli Powder
- Fresh lime juice
- Dried Coriander
- Salt and Pepper
Ingredients for Roast Sweet Potatoes:
- Sweet Potatoes, peeled, washed and diced
- Olive Oil (or rapeseed oil)
- Garlic granules
- Onion granules
- Salt and Pepper
For the Salad:
- Green Olives or any olives of your choice
- Feta Cheese
- Grated Carrots
- Pre prepared Salad Leaves
- Wash and butterfly the chicken breast, in a bowl, marinate with all the seasonings. Cover with cling film and set aside.
- While the chicken is marinating, peel, chop and wash the sweet potatoes. In a roasting tin, season the potatoes with the seasonings listed. Place in the oven to roast on medium-high heat for 30-40mins or until you can poke a fork easily into the potatoes and they have a golden, caramelised colour to them.
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions and allow to cool.
- Begin to prepare the salad by grating the carrots, halving the cucumber and slicing them and chop the feta cheese into bitesize pieces. Cut open the avocado and chop it last.
- On a medium high heat, grill the chicken until golden brown and slightly crispy on top. When almost cooked, using a pastry brush, baste the chicken with the Peri Peri Mango and Lime marinade and place back under grill for a further 5 minutes to caramelise.
- To assemble the salad, first layer all the salad leaves and grated carrots, then sprinkle over the quinoa, place the roasted sweet potatoes around the salad then add the cucumber halves and olives.
- On a chopping board, dice the cooked chicken into bitesize chunks and also prepare the avocado and chop into bitesize chunks too.
- Place the chicken and avocado onto the salad and then finally sprinkle with the feta cheese.
- Serve with lime wedges and Peri Peri Mango and Lime sauce on the side for anyone who wishes to drizzle some sauce over the top.
I hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂 Please comment below, like and follow to see more delicious recipes! 😀